What was your customer doing before you started working with them?
- Nadec was investing in CAPEX model for their IT Datacenter Investment.
- Customer had traditional on-premise data center with mix of physical and virtualized workloads.
Illustrate for three to four sentences to explain some of their previous tactics, issues & business challenges.
- Finance department wanted to move from CAPEX to OPEX investment model but keeping servers on-premise will need further CAPEX investment in managing data center and associated technology stack.
- Nadec had traditional monolithic applications that could not be modernized without integration to cloud. This includes their business-critical custom Sales Order Management solution.
- No automated way to scale the resources based on demand hence taking advantage of pay as you go pricing model.
- Huge cost in tools and human resource in securing and managing on-premise data center.
Using their previous tactics/situation, what were their goals/objectives to improve & achieve?
- Nadec wanted to move to a flexible, open, secure and scalable cloud platform that would allow them to move the existing on-premise workloads to IaaS and take advantage of elastic pricing model and tight integration with Microsoft technologies.
Explain the solution delivered to the customer.
- Resemble Systems Designed and Architected Microsoft Azure IaaS for hosting Nadec Workload.
- Migrated 30+ workloads from on-premise to Azure with ‘zero’ downtime.
How did RS service or product help the customer to implement a better process?
- Helped Nadec transform from CAPEX to OPEX investment in IT.
- Defined roadmap for application modernization in a phase wise approach that impacts the user experience and adoption.
- Reduced the server footprint by optimizing the HADR architecture by using Azure high availability features like scale set.
- Saved huge cost by eliminating the overhead of power, technology, and human resources in managing datacenter.
- Optimised cost by making use of auto scale feature in Azure where in non-critical workloads are shutdown during non-working hours.
Illustrate this in three to five sentences.
Include links to your website on service / product mentions.